Ahh, sweet tea! The perfect refreshing and satisfying summertime drink. A southern classic that is sipped slowly and enjoyed so many ways.
I adapted this recipe from Chef Emeril Lagasse by using good quality store bought unsweetened iced tea to save time in the kitchen.
Enjoy and cheers to summer!
Summer Spiked Sweet Tea
A delicious and refreshing Southern classic drink. Kicked up a notch with golden rum.
- 7 cups unsweetened iced tea (store bought)
- 1 ½ cup caster sugar (superfine sugar)
- ⅓ cup orange juice, fresh squeezed no pulp
- 1 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 cup Bacardi golden rum
- Garnish with lemon slices and / or fresh mint
In a large pitcher, combine the tea and caster sugar and stir until dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients and allow the flavors to marry in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving. Best if made overnight.
Serve over ice and garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint.